Started his early career as an architect at PT Fincode international & Associates in 1992, and since then, Iwan has gone
through various cross-industry professional experiences. His professional competencies range from architectural and
urban planning and design, and strategic management. Since 2003 Iwan has focused on “strategic master planning,” a
professional service that combines strategic management thinking with spatial planning and design thinking. The main
objective is to build an intelligent vision of urban development manifested in an integrated policy of sustainable and
resilient infrastructure, urban regeneration and architecture.
In 2009 Iwan co-founded the Green Building Council of Indonesia (GBC Indonesia), a non-profit organization consisting of multi-disciplinary professionals and various prominent companies in Indonesia’s building and construction industry. From October 2018 until now. Since early 2011, Iwan has been invited as a speaker at major national and international seminars and workshops on green building, urban transit design infrastructure development, and Net Zero and Healthy Building. Since 2015 until now, Iwan is appointed as the CEO of PT DEX Solusi Transit, a consulting company engaged in infrastructure, urban and Architecture design-development where he has become a principal planner and designer on several development projects, namely, among others:
• Persahabatan, General Hospital for Respiratory Diseases at East Jakarta (Design Development & Master Plan), prepared Architecture design and feasibility proposal for IsDB Loan, and lead the Preliminary Architecture Design of the Mother & Child Building Hospital, 2019-2022
• Kota Baru Parahyangan, Prepare the urban transit vision and conceptual design and master plan of Padalaramg Transit neighborhood that connects Jakarta Bandung High Speed Rail Station with Kota Baru Parahyangan.
• PSBI, the biggest shareholder of High-speed Rail Indonesia China, prepare several preliminary studies of their nonrailway business portfolios, 2019-2020.
• Hoplun Green Factory, prepared conceptual architecture design of a green factory using 100% renewable energy at Boyolali Central Java.
• Pulo Mas Jaya area, the strategic envisioning of 350 hectares urban area in East Jakarta, 2018
• In 2017, Iwan was appointed as the Head of the Adhoc Team to prepare the strategic development of the Kediri Airport and the rejuvenation concept of the Kediri urban area.
• Urban Transit Design of 2000 hectares Harapan Indah city area at the border of Jakarta and Bekasi, 2016.
• From end of 2008 to mid of 2015, Iwan served as the head of the urban planning and business development division of PT MRT Jakarta, where he built a comprehensive framework of sustainable transit area that is integrated with the station system, and also preparing a cooperation and business development scheme with related important stakeholders
Iwan graduated from the faculty of Architecture Parahyangan Catholic University, Bandung, 1991, and Management Magister from PPM School of Management, Jakarta, 2006. Iwan has obtained a Greenship Professional (Green Building accredited professional) certificate and necessary professional certificates, including MRT station architecture design from LTA (Land Transport Authority Singapore) and SIA (Singapore Institute of Architecture). Iwan has also obtained a Senior Environmental Development Program certificate from BCA (Building Construction Authority Singapore).
Copyright © 2023 | Green Building Council Indonesia. All Rights Reserved